About the LISTSERV
Corporate Member Guidelines
ABOUT THE LISTSERV
The LISTSERV is a unique place that facilitates information sharing amongst peers located at various higher education institutions and affiliated companies throughout the World. It provides the opportunity for institutional and corporate members to come together to solve problems and share helpful tips/tricks.
The CCUMC LISTSERV is open to all current
members of CCUMC. It is a closed list as only members can subscribe and
only members can post to it. The LISTSERV provides members with a forum
to consult the expertise of all of its members. Members who wish
subscriptions should contact the CCUMC Executive Office.
This list is available in digest form. If you wish to receive the digested version of the LISTSERV, then issue a "SET CCUMC-L DIGEST" command to LISTSERV@LISTS.UFL.EDU.
You may leave the LISTSERV at any time by sending a "SIGNOFF CCUMC-L" command to LISTSERV@LISTS.UFL.EDU.
Subscription settings and preferences can also be set using LISTSERV's Web Interface. For http://www.lsoft.com/resources/manuals.asp
Missed a post, want to see if a topic has been discussed -- view the archives and start searching now. You must register for a LISTSERV password, if you've not already done so. This password is NOT the same as your CCUMC member/website password. Register for a new LISTSERV password here.
ACCESS ARCHIVES HERE
Although CCUMC does not require an individual to submit an item to be posted for review before posting nor do we undertake editorial control of postings, we do monitor the LISTSERV. In the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to CCUMC's attention, CCUMC may take any and all appropriate action. ADVERTISING OF ANY KIND IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED ON THE LISTSERV.
The following guidelines are intended as general tips for participating in electronic mailing lists in a responsible and courteous manner.
- Professional, respectful language in LISTSERV posts is expected from all members.
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Keep the signature brief, but make sure it includes at least your name and affiliation and your e-mail address, but be sure to remove any marketing or promotional statements that may be in the signature.
- Make the subject line meaningful and useful
- When responding to a posting, place your comments at the top of the message and include only the relevant portions of the previous message in your reply
- Remember that when you hit the reply button that you will be automatically responding to the entire list. Only reply to the entire list if it benefits everyone.
- To reply directly to a single member of the list, copy/paste or type his/her e-mail address into the “To” line.
- Do not send administrative/membership messages (e.g. unsubscribe requests) to the list. Such messages should go to the CCUMC Executive Office.
CORPORATE MEMBER GUIDELINES
One of the many benefits of corporate membership in CCUMC is direct access to the ongoing dialogue conducted on our LISTSERV. These peer conversations provide a unique insight into real world trends and issues as well as questions and suggestions posed by current and potential customers. The LISTSERV is a collegial atmosphere where corporate and institutional members all sit on the same side of the table; we therefore ask corporate partners to refrain from conducting “sales pitches” within this forum. We recognize there are instances where a particular product may satisfy the specific needs being discussed. However, we have found that overt sales-oriented LISTSERV contributions have in fact turned off prospective customers and abruptly ended productive discussions. Therefore, we ask that corporate members refrain from referring to their specific products on the LISTSERV. An appropriate response would be to send a general message to the LISTSERV which (a) says that your company has a product (or service, etc.) that may serve the need, and (b) invites the person(s) to contact you off-list. We encourage you to post information about specific products and services on the corporate members’ dedicated space on the CCUMC website homepage. If you'd like to know more about the corporate members' news section, or if you have information you'd like to post on your company's behalf, contact the CCUMC Executive Office.
If you have any concerns or wish to seek additional guidance on CCUMC LISTSERV contribution etiquette, please contact the Executive Office. We thank you for your understanding and continued contributions, and hope that the LISTSERV will provide an invaluable resource for your company.
If you have any questions about the LISTSERV, contact the CCUMC Executive Office.