mission of the Consortium of College and University Media Centers (CCUMC) is to provide leadership and a forum for information
exchange to the providers of media content, academic technology, and
support for quality teaching and learning at institutions of higher
education. Specifically, CCUMC shall:
- Advocate the accessibility and effectiveness of educational media, technology, and pedagogy.
- Provide leadership for the effective implementation and management of instructional technology in higher education.
- Foster cooperative efforts among colleges and universities and other
institutions, agencies, foundations, and organizations in the solution
of mutual problems.
- Gather and disseminate information
about educational, professional, and operational issues, including
statistics important to the profession.
- Develop and provide
programs and services that will enable members to most effectively
support the missions of their institutions.
- Provide professional development opportunities for members.
- Inspire, generate, and coordinate research and scholarship that advances the mission of CCUMC.